IOWA CHAPTER, SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL
The Iowa Chapter, Safari Club International is a group of Iowans working to protect our and your right to hunt and to conserve wildlife – here in Iowa, around the US and even internationally.
The Iowa Chapter and its members:
- work to shape state and national policies and legislation to protect the freedom to hunt
- provide information about related issues, via the quarterly newsletter The Iowa Hunter and this website
- provide a community of Iowans who hunt lawfully and believe in wildlife conservation
- promote a positive image of hunters through good citizenship
- mentor and pass along the hunting tradition to our youth through educational programs, hunting experiences and wildlife conservation projects
Elected officers and directors lead Chapter activities within the guidelines of our chapter constitution.
We support many projects which are aimed at education, conservation and humanitarian service.
The Iowa Chapter is affiliated with Safari Club International. Safari Club International has been protecting hunters’ rights and promoting wildlife conservation for over forty years.
See our chapter profile here.
SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL
Protect Hunting: Safari Club International is serious about protecting hunting freedoms. In many ways, SCI is first in legislation, litigation and international advocacy for hunting.
- SCI has its own lobbyists in Washington DC, in addition to a well-staffed office on Capitol Hill. SCI is a 501(c)(4) organization that has a connected PAC
- SCI regularly attends worldwide meetings, such as CITES, to speak up for hunting
- SCI provides strong support for grassroots chapters who work at the state and local level to preserve hunting freedom
- SCI partners with other organizations as well as federal and state agencies in litigation against anti-hunting initiatives
- SCI is a leader in hunter education and wildlife conservation, preserving wildlife for the next generation of hunters
Conservation Programs: Every member of SCI is a conservationist on many levels. From their membership dollars that go to support the SCI Foundation’s global activities, to their local chapter projects to their support of federal and local game and fish agencies through purchase of licenses and sporting equipment, members of SCI are conservationists of the best kind.
Humanitarian Services: SCI Chapters and individual members demonstrate the highest levels of philanthropy by directly reaching out to people in need throughout the world. Whether it involves feeing millions of hungry each year, offering free healthcare and supplies to impoverished communities, introducing blind children to the wonders of wildlife, or helping the terminally ill or disabled fulfill lifelong hunting wishes, SCI Foundation is committed to its charitable tenet of giving.
Click here to learn more about Safari Club International.
Click here to learn more about Safari Club International Foundation.