• 10:30 - noon: Brunch with Craig, with time for questions and
photos. Click here to preregister for brunch (required)
• 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Big Game Seminar, open to all
• 1:30 - 2:30 pm: My Life as a Hunters' Advocate, open to all
• 7:30 pm: Banquet keynote address
• Conducted by SCI National authorities Austin Luger & Michael Roqueni
• $150 per person includes 2-4 hour seminar, Official SCI Measuring Kit, lunch
• Held at office and trophy room of Iowa SCI Board Member, Dennis Schemmel:
1050 SW Brookside Circle, Grimes, Iowa 50111 (NW suburb of Des Moines)
• PREGISTRATION REQUIRED: email Austin Luger at firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 520-620-1220 ext 225 (Since you're in town, hope you'll stay for our Banquet on April 9th)
• Brunch with Mike Rogers, Jr. and Larry Higgins - Saturday morning, enjoy brunch with Mike, host of Outdoor Channel's SCI Expedition Safari, and Larry, SCI President (SCI Membership & registration required)
• Big Game Seminar - Saturday afternoon, listen and learn while Mike shares
his big game hunting knowledge and stories (Open to all banquet attendees)
• Photos, questions, and visiting with Mike and Larry during the day and evening
It is never to early, to start thinking ahead.
Come September, the Iowa Chapter of SCI will be accepting applications for our Youth Hunter Award ! Now Accepting Applications !
The Iowa Chapter of SCI is accepting applications for our Youth Hunter Award !
If you are an Iowa youth who hunts, we invite you to share your experiences. Tell us about your hunt, what it meant to you and how hunting has helped shape your goals in life.
Check back here in the fall for the application ! Youth Hunter Award applications:
• Apply online
• Print and mail
Or if you know a youth hunter, please share the application. Award will be presented at the April 2016 Iowa Chapter SCI banquet.
Mark your calendars for
the 2016 Expo:
April 9, 2016
SCI members welcome !
We welcome you! Visit the Membership page to learn about more benefits for membership in the hunting organzation First For Hunters and which works tirelessly to protect the freedom to hunt. SCI and the Iowa Chapter are non-profit organizations that rely solely on dedicated volunteers, membership fees, fund raising events and charitable contributions to carry out the battle to protect the freedom to hunt. Click here to learn more. Join Today!
Want To Help? Become a Sponsor !
Check out the Sponsor opportunities
We Invite you to Help
The Iowa Chapter SCI is becoming involved with the people of Cambodia and the “Water for a Better Life” project.
Clean water is a precious commodity in Cambodia. Most people dip their drinking, cooking and bathing water from polluted waterways. These same waterways also serve as open sewer systems. Up to one third of the children die from waterborne disease such as typhoid and chronic diarrhea.
Your donations will provide clean water for the children of Cambodia and 100% of funds raised will go towards the construction of fresh water wells.
Each well costs $300 and consists of a hand pump and concrete platform with curb, and a sign identifying the Iowa Chapter as donor of the well.
Click here to print donation form to mail with check
Click here to learn more about this special project